Monday, May 22, 2006

Chick Talk

“It was awesome to feel those feelings again that I felt in high school: to be angry, to be sure that you're right and that the things you do matter."... Natalie Maines...

“I'd rather have a smaller following of really cool people who get it,”...Martie Maguire


"... this is going to stir something up.'”...Emily Robinson

Radical_chicks


And from the Republicans...

This may be the most disgusting statement I've ever heard from John McCain:

"I don't think they deserve a fair jury trial, but there should be some sort of adjudication" to decide whether detainees are held for life, executed or released rather than held indefinitely."

He was speaking of the detainees in Guantanamo..."No fair trials"...Are all conservatives this scary? Do any of them get it? Have any of them ever had a civics class? Has anybody told him that most of the detainees in Guantanamo have been quietly released? After being quietly tortured, that is....

Courage, folks. The fight is going to be a long one.

Peace,

Steve

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:58 AM

    I've been gone for a while, but came back to lots of cool stuff on the blog. Great Snakes! All of ours are bigger and more poisonous. I'm scared to get close for pictures.
    And the political stuff is great too. I'll push for Gore, even if he is from Tenn.

    ReplyDelete