Friday, June 01, 2007

The photography of John Tobin

It's a long and convoluted story how I know this guy. We were whitewater canoers on different rivers together. His Aunt and my Mother in law are buddies. Oddly, we've never met in person. Every time I've been near his home, John has been in Alaska.

His Aunt just sent me a new batch of his postcards to drool over.

Whatever, John Tobin is a phenominal nature photographer. His wilderness exploits would make a great book and so would his photos. I want to be first in line for the coffee table book if he ever puts it out.

Go look. You can thank me later.

I look at his photos and think, "Dang...I wish I had even seen that...much less taken an awesome picture."

For example...
... my favorite from the latest stuff his mom sent me:

http://tobinphoto.com/birds/arctic-terns.htm

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:55 AM

    Amazing gallery. Thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:17 AM

    Yup. This is some awesome stuff. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete