Monday, January 24, 2005

Fiddlin araound

Just everyone can be totally jealous of me, the Allison Kraus concert was magnificent. The Tennessee Theater is also magnificent in its new clothes.

27 million dollars worth? I'll have to wait until I can hear the pipe organ to say whether it was worth all that. If any of you were there Friday night, I confess. I was the guy in row p trying to hold his hacking cough until the end of each song so the applause could drown it out. It appears that I was coming down with something serious and I apologize. I'm off to the doc this morning if I ever get through.

We have a good routine for downtown concerts, which is important since we live an hour away. We hit a pub on Gay street and pound enough dark and fizzlie beverages to happy us up and then walk to the theater. I don't think the bathrooms are 27 million dollar bathrooms but they are all clean and shiny. Pity those that didn't check them out just before the concert because Allison didn't give us a break. I didn't want one. What a wonderful concert. Live, they sound exactly like the recordings only like they are having more fun.

Allison K is a very good fiddle player. This doesn't come across on the cd's like it does live, where she can take off now and again as the band trades licks. Jerry Douglas is indescribable on the dobro. I've heard his group before but his solo improvisation was better Friday night. I can't help but wonder if the sound system was the magic factor. It looks permanent, and I'm all excited because I have season tickets. If all goes well I'll get to see Earl Scruggs and Del McCoury work out on the same system.


Want to have some fun? Think of a topic and a spokesman from the Bush administration and you can always be sure of one thing...They lied about it. Go here and play the game:

http://www.americanprogressaction.org


Black and White

That's the Fundamentalist's rainbow! All those confusing colors are gone now, just the black and white!
More here:

http://www.cafepress.com/jesus21/470905



Vignette from a protest at the inaugural:

"As we marched along side fellow democrats towards the parade a very well dressed republican family (obviously from Texas) walked by. The youngest child- a girl no more than 8 shouted at the crowd 'Democrats kill babies' -- her family chuckled as they walked away. Without missing a beat a woman smiled and shouted back 'too bad you weren't one of them.'
It was a lovely moment"

And I leave you with this observation, made through the fog in my head last night...Only Blue States have a team in the Super Bowl.

The Right Moronic Reverend James Dobson claims SpongeBob Squarepants is an advocate for the homosexual lifestyle. Actually he is an advocate for tolerance.

I say Mr. Dobson, who calls himself a Cristian, should take exactly the same stand that Jesus did on Homosexuality!

Here's is what Jesus said:

Absolutely nothing!

Perhaps we should follow this example. It would be the Christian thing to do after all.

Peace,

Steve

2 comments:

  1. Well what did the apostle Paul say about homosexuality? Check it out at 1 Cor. 7:2, 1 Cor. 6:9, Rom 1:26-27, and 1 Timothy 1:9-10. Also, since Jesus was a practicing Jew , do you not think that he believed in Levitical Law? See Leviticus 20:13. I am not condemning homosexuals for all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. But do not misrepresent Christianity by telling someone that a sinful lifestyle is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You kinda miss the point, don't you? While Jesus specifically contradicted Judaic law on many occaisions, your argument won't walk in the first place if you read what I said.

    Today, many have put on the mantle of Christianity to claim certain things that are very unChrist like. Cristianity has fractured into so many different sects it is hard to tell the players without a scorecard, but I tend to identify a great number of them by their tendency to quote from the Old Testament while wearing a cross. Jesus' life was a reform movement, but he must be very sad to see that it did not work.

    ReplyDelete