Friday, February 25, 2005

I get mail

For those who don't know, there are two parts to this blog. One, of course is the WhitesCreek Journal at Blogspot. The other is almost the same, but has some pictures, jokes and additional links sometime. This is mainly because I am too stupid/lazy to figure out how to actually maintain a blogsite/website. My efforts at putting pictures on the blog are not working and I can't figure out why. The only problem with the email format is that with such a long list of recipients, it gets quarrantined by some spam filters. Sorry. Someone will eventually take pity on me and tell me what I need to do in very simple third grade sentences. In the meantime, we carry on.



What a literate group you guys are.

I get great stuff from you, only some of which is safe for public consumption, but keep it coming. Two posts of mine have generated the most comment, Religion and Birds...(Don't worry, Tyler, I'm going to have more on the "frog love" front as Lake Steve heats up, amphibianisticly speaking)

"Amphibianisticly"...Hmm...I think I just invented another word?? Can anybody tell me how to get the patent for "FundXtian"? It's so useful! The modern English language really needs it.

Anyway...

Osprey nest sites will be a priority in the next few weeks. I have thoughts on how to get a bunch of do gooders on this mission. Lots of you sent plans and info sites. Thanks! This might be one cause we can actually accomplish something positive on. I'll take a win even if it's small.

I was very surprised at the large number of comments I received regarding :

"When Religions Attack!"

Here's one that explains precisely why FundXtians hate public schools:


"---I couldn't agree with you more regarding the damage organized religion has done throughout the world and throughout the centuries. I was a brainwashed Southern Baptist growing up, but I got some education and got over it...it took a long time to admit it and even then I was halfway surprised when a thunderbolt didn't come down from the heavens and strike me dead. I feel more at peace with myself than ever before. Peace back at you, bro Steve!"...S

From the SKB comment board, this from Lobbygow:

All this talk about thankless jobs gives me an idea for a reality show - "Nickeled and Dimed"...or perhaps something more accurate like "Owned"
Anway, the show would pit corporate CEOs and members of the President's economic team against each other in a battle to feed a family of four for a month on a working stiff's earnings, and still have enough money to buy just one share of Microsoft or GE. Of course, they would be tossed an occasional curve ball, like a severely ill kid, or the theft of their car. Arnold Schwarzeneger would host, and each week the loser would be told he was an economic "girlie man."
I think it might give "American Idol" a run for its money.

I like it. I like it a lot.

Also from SKB, a link to Juan Thompson, son of Hunter S.

sandiegonews

So it seems at first glance, that Hunter S. Thompson took his own life for reasons of classic Greek philosopy. At the moment one achieves the highest pinacle in one's life, a public cheer is said to have been, "Die Now!" This was a wish that the person would die and through eternity in the afterlife, never know the lesser states of euphoria that so often follow in one's declining years.
Hunter S. Thompson, unlike his public persona, turns out to have been a kind, generous and doting father and grandfather.
He took his own life after spending a nice weekend with his son, Juan, and grandson, Will.
So "Die Now, Hunter!"




And the obituary from Giblets, stolen in its entirety:


HUNTER THOMPSON IS NOT DEAD.

Don't believe it. Giblets saw the Good Doctor with his own two eyes just a few hours ago, heading north in the White Whale. He said he was headed up to heaven to shoot God. "The great bastard's in season and it's long overdue," the Godfather of Gonzo said as he dusted off his elephant gun. "I have full reason to believe they will award me both the head and the tail. Expect me back by the apocalypse." Good hunting, Doctor Thompson. You'll be missed.

fafblog

Peace,

Steve

*****

No comments:

Post a Comment