Well, before I get down to the fun business of ripping our President a new one, I am trying to think about how to get nest sites built for ospreys.
I know that several nests have been destroyed by maintenence workers recently and at least one will be destroyed when the old Hwy 70 bridge gets torn down in Kingston. All these birds need is a pole. They'll do the rest. Who do we contact, and what do we want to ask for? There should be some way for this to bring a lot of good publicity to Kingston and Roane County if we work it right.
Let me know what you think and pass along any resources you run across.
We have a coward for a President.
I have said this often but it appears the German Press agrees with me. With such obvious evidence of cowardice in the face of a simple question, where is the Free Press of the USA.
During his trip to Germany on Wednesday, the main highlight of George W. Bush's trip was meant to be a "town hall"-style meeting with average Germans. But with the German government unwilling to permit a scripted event with questions approved in advance, the White House has quietly put the event on ice. Was Bush afraid the event might focus on prickly questions about Iraq and Iran rather than the rosy future he's been touting in Europe this week?
I have a couple of questions I would like someone to ask George, like:
How did he know Jeff Gannon's first name when he called on him at his press conference in the US?
Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Ill.):
"We have ... learned that the questions he posed at White House press briefings and the stories he filed for Talon News frequently mirrored Republican Party talking points, that Talon News is a news organization in name only and that it has apparently close connections to the Republican party," Durbin's letter states. "Given the unprecedented level of security in Washington since 9/11, it is troubling that that a non-journalist using a false name and working for a sham news organization could have gained regular access to the White House for such an extended period of time.
E and P
"Jeff Gannon ... He is a White House correspondent who has been lobbing softball questions at the president and his press secretary, turns out he is actually a paid escort for wealthy homosexuals. ... He actually had two jobs -- one obviously was sleazy and shameful and the other was a gay male prostitute. ... I think I know what Bush meant now when he said he has a mandate." --Bill Maher
OK, so...Let's come up with some Press Conference questions for President Bush:
1. Mr. President, Youhave often spoken of your mandate following the 2004 election. Have you ever had a Man Date with Jeff Gannon or Jim Guckert or any other gay male prostitute, and if so, Was it inside the Whitehouse and where was Laura at the time?
(See? Now that's how you ask a good right wing question!)
2. How the heck did you manage to let John Negroponte "lose" (yeah, sure) 9 billion dollars of Iraqi oil money and then be stupid enough to appoint him to a Cabinet level intelligence position? Isn't that a lot of cash to misplace? Isn't it maybe a really bad idea to let a guy who thinks "Death Squads" are a good way to get things done, have 9 Billion Freaking Dollars of "Off Budget" money to work with?
3. Don't you think, Mr. President, that after AARP supported your Medicar Drug Swindle, you really should think about not stabbing them in the back over Social Security? How do you think the nice old people at AARP feel about you screwing Grandmothers, you creep? (You folks do know about the viscious attack adds the Swift Boat folks have launched at our Grandmothers, right?)
4. Why is a threat against you, Mr. President, that was made two years ago suddenly front page news, when folks start asking about the connection between tapes of you saying you won't discriminate against gays while you publicly call for a Gay Mariage Ban, while privately Gay prostitutes are given credentials to get inside the Whitehouse? (I'm may be confused, but I think that's about right.)
5. I could go on and on but why don't you folks add your own in the comments? It'll be fun...
Is this any way to design a universe?
David Hollohan intelligently skewers Intelligent Design:
Peace as always,
Strap on...as promised