Thursday, November 05, 2009

Walk on November 5

These are views that few of my friends will go with me to see. It takes a 400 foot vertical hike to get to these spots but it's well worth it. The first is Rhea County seen from a rock outcrop in the back yard. Whites Creek can be seen at the lower left, some 600 feet below. The Sequatchie Nuclear plant at Soddy Daisy is on the far horizon but only shows as a small bump in this shot, thank goodness.


I see land advertised as "lake view" so I guess mine qualifies. That part of the lake is the main channel nine or so miles away. On a clearer day the Smokies sit on the horizon about 80 miles away.


2 comments:

  1. Great shots. I could go with you, but I'm going to have to get over these allergies and get back in shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, that's some gorgeous scenery. And it really makes me miss hills.

    ReplyDelete