Thursday, July 28, 2005

Lazy

It's a lazy day, so here:

I was asked for a list of some Liberal Tennessee bloggers. I sent a few that I knew of and then said this:

It is a lot harder to be a Progressive blogger than a conservative one.

We tend to think and they don't.

We tend to tell the truth and they don't. (Though I got called a liar just recently)

They tend to back up anything they spout off...and we do.

We have to be fair...and they don't.

We tend to have jobs and functional families...and they don't.

They get to call names...etc.

It's a big challenge, and we do it for nothing except a personal need to see the truth out there somewhere.

Now if only we could figure out some way to make money at this????



Josh Marshall asks a perfectly rational question about the Whitehouse refusal to release documents relating to their Supreme Court nominee:

"...I'm wondering what the argument is, precisely, for the White House having access to any more information in the process of nominating Roberts than the Senate should have in confirming him.
It seems like a basic point of logic. Why should the senate's call be, by definition, less well-informed than the president's?"

TPM

The General speaks for all of us:

Karen Johnson
Infrastructure Solutions

Dear Ms Johnson,

There are rumors floating around the internet that you are Karl Rove's concubine. Is it true? I sure hope so.

There's nothing wrong with serving as his concubine. It's a position steeped in ancient biblical tradition. Mr. Rove, the deliverer of elections and master of the Christian base, deserves a stable of mistresses just as David, the slayer of Goliath and king of God's chosen people, had his own harem of concubines.

OK, well I'm not goin to post the rest of this one...You hafta read it for yourself, but as a warning, don't do it while eating.

Karen

Other wit from the General:

patriotboy

1 comment:

  1. PW,

    I read this TPM post differently. I think Josh is assailig the logic this administration is using to suppress Roberts body of work. Bush says, "Trust me," and Josh says, "Why, no! I don't trust you!"

    ReplyDelete