Ok, here are the predictions:
1. Alito will be confirmed. The news media simply aren't covering the hearings in any meaningful way.
2. Lots of noise will be made about impeaching George W. Bush. Could go either way as more and more scandal floats to the top.
3. Tom DeLay will be convicted, as will several other Republicans but Alito will be the vote needed to get Bush and them off the hook, ultimately.
4. The Roane County jail will be remodeled and at least one judge will not get reelected...and it's a judge I like, actually.
5. The Roane County commission will look entirely different after the next election cycle. This is not necessarily good, but it could be.
6. Global warming will take off in a huge way. Say bye to the Arctic ice cap and polar bears.
Feeling cheerful now?
America is broken. I can rant all I want to prove that but it wouldn't help, would it? What we need are ideas to get behind, simple effective ideas. Since the politicians won't do it, we must.
Here is a list of 21 that have been whittled out of thousands that were submitted. Some I like, some I don't. What do you think?
At the very least, there is discussion going on. That's a start.
Hey, folks, this is where we are. The only thing we can do is start turning this ship around and do our best. If you aren't willing to get your hands dirty, stay inside and keep out of the way.