Friday, October 28, 2005

Evil

I heard this as I was driving "up the mountain" as they say in places where you can drive up to a higher elevation. Frankly there's usually not much of a mountain involved but that's what they say.

I had a complicated day...one of those where a lot of noise was made but nothing actually got done and won't anytime soon. My head was buzzing around in that space between inaction and doing nothing, trying to find a door out of the rabbit hole when this came on the radio. The show was Marketplace on NPR. This is a commentary and it has me really scared or mad or something I can't identify, but if the commentator wanted to scare us all for Halloween, he couldn't have done a better job.

Ultimately I guess my true emotion comes down to a deep sadness that this is portrayed as something good in America...a worthy ideal. How have we come to this?

Listen for yourself:

marketplace


Peace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment