Sunday, February 15, 2009

Whoa...Are Democrats going to grow a Spine?

The new Tennessee Democratic Party Chairman, Chip Forrester:

"I wasn't attacking Republicans in general. I was attacking this elitist, extremist group led by Robin Smith, fueled by Jason Mumpower, stoked by Chip Saltsman, and as chair I'm not going to let stand that kind of attack on our candidates, our Democrats. It's fair to have vigorous, ideological discussion about the policies that will help get Tennessee and our country out of the worst economic downturn since the Depression. That's fine. If the Tennessee Republican Party wants to engage in policy discussion, I'm all for it. But you're not going to attack my Democrats with a racist flier. I don't see how any reasonable Tennessean could look at that and not interpret that as a racist-looking document."

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090215/OPINION03/902150352/1008/OPINION01

1 comment: