Thursday, September 15, 2016

Flowers from the morning walk

There is nothing more eloquent in Nature than a mountain stream, and this is the first I ever saw. Its banks are luxuriantly peopled with rare and lovely flowers and overarching trees, making one of Nature's coolest and most hospitable places. Every tree, every flower, every ripple and eddy of this lovely stream seemed solemnly to feel the presence of the great Creator. Lingered in this sanctuary a long time thanking the Lord with all my heart for his goodness in allowing me to enter and enjoy it. 

John Muir walking through Tennessee along the Clinch and Emory rivers in September of 1867.

This morning I walked to a spot in Whites Creek Gorge alongside the creek. Most of these are in a river scour  area. I struggle to identify them. I only had my little walking around outdoor camera and wish I had taken my Nikon and a tripod, after I looked at them on the big screen back at the house. The scutellaria  definitely seems confused as to when it should be blooming.













2 comments:

  1. Lovely photos of your area! Thanks for sharing. What a terrific place to live. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wildflowers are working hard this month.

    ReplyDelete