1. Congrats to Green Day for "American Idiot", the best antiwar album in 35 years!
Don't wanna be an American idiot.
One nation controlled by the media.
Information age of hysteria.
It's going out to Idiot America™.
Welcome to a new kind of tension.
All across the alienation.
Where everything isn't meant to be okay.
Television dreams of tomorrow.
We're not the ones meant to follow.
For that's enough to argue.
2. Now we know why we are in Iraq:
Big money Republicans bussed in pro Bush demonstrators to counter Cindy Sheehan. The tv shows a screenfull with signs, giving the impression that there are roughly the same number of pro's as anti's...What you don't see is that the Pro Bush crowd is less than two busses worth, while the Camp Casey people consists of thousands!
And we now see why we are getting kids killed in Iraq:
The truth is really really ugly!
3. Rush Limbaugh was on a roll this week. He got caught in so many lies that Karl Rove must be jealous. Limbaugh made a big deal about Bill Clinton, claiming he only met with CIA head George Tenet "Twice" in his term as President. Clinton had two meetings a week with Tenet and had the PDB created as a means of communicating intelligence. Remember PDB's? Presidential Daily Briefings? Remember one that George Bush refused to read? You know...the one titled, "Bin Laden determined to attack Within the United States"?
Here's the long list of Limbaugh lies for this week:
4. Does any one else note the irony in the call for prayers to save New Orleans? Isn't a hurricane an act of god?
The monumental stupidity of building a city 15 feet below sea level, on the coast, in an area with a history of category 5 hurricanes, does not stop me from hoping everyone gets out of town safely. With the last projection of the storm surge at 25 feet, that means that some places could potentially be under 40 feet of water. To stay dry, you have to be on the 5th floor.
5. The Iraq constitution as written, essentially guarantees civil war, and an ultimate Muslim theocracy similar to Iran. There will be a blood bath that will make what we have already seen look like a football game.
6. Congrats to the Little League baseball team from Hawaii for winning the LL world championship...First time in history the game has been won, first by a ninth inning comback from three runs behind, and then a solo home run to end the game. The major leagues should deliver this kind of action...then I might watch a game sometime.
7. Here's a statistic for you:
The average number of concussions per football game is: Three.
8. One of our local highschools has an exchange student from Europe, a soccer player. Offering to kick field goals for the football team, he was hitting them from 60 yards in practice. A school board member was contacted by a parent about "foreigners" taking my son's starting position. The Principal was contacted and the exchange student left the team.
The school lost the big game with a cross county rival by two points, when the complaining parent's son missed an easy field goal.
Ah, sweet Irony of life!