Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Fred Thompson...Crazy but not Crazy enough?

Conservative wingnuts are having trouble finding a Republican Presidential candidate who hates all the right things, enough to make them happy. Seems like they'd be keeping a low profile for now but they're too rabid to do that. However, Charles Dobson seems to have a man crush on Newt Gingrich and has decided to hate Fred Thompson as a way of proving his love.

Dr. Dobson called Fred an atheist?

"Everyone knows he's conservative and has come out strongly for the things that
the pro-family movement stands for," Dobson said of Thompson. "[But] I don't
think he's a Christian; at least that's my impression," Dobson added, saying
that such an impression would make it difficult for Thompson to connect with the
Republican Party's conservative Christian base and win the GOP nomination.

That pretty funny because I don't think of Dr. Dobson as a christian, either. For instance, I don't remember reading where Christ advocated the proper beating of children.

Speaking of calling someone an "atheist"...

I watched one of those poker tournaments last night and the players were talking about all kinds of stuff and one of them asked if Obama was going to get elected. Several of them said good things about Obama and that they might consider voting for him, until one of them said "I heard he is an atheist." "Well, he's out then."

So first Obama is a radical muslim and when that turned out to be a lie, they want to paint him as an atheist? I mean the folks calling Obama an atheist were professional gamblers. Near as I can tell, Obama is a plain old backsliding christian who seems thoughtful and kind and does his best, but isn't it just like bunch of professional sinners to put someone else down as being less holy than they?

I wonder if that conversation was planted on tv like those pepsi product placements? It would not surprise me at all. This is what American discourse has come to.

Peace,

Steve

Update! I should know better than to try to journal against a real journalist. Juanita two ups me.

I mean...Aint she Sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment