Sunday, March 04, 2007

The Truth above All Else

Accurate factual information is the backbone of a free society. Our Knoxville paper has gone the way of Hannity and Colmes in its quest to be fair and balanced, which is to say that the Knoxville News Sentinel has renounced all pretense of any such thing, with its dismissal of Don Williams. Don has joined, for the moment, a group blog I participate in. Since the Knox News won't tell the truth, we'll have to do it ourselves.


In a way I won. I've several new opportunities, and my column here was picked up
by Buzzflash. It likely will draw more readers than anything I've written since
the great compromise of 2004, when I promised I'd write more local stuff. My
next column begins in Knoxville Voice, due on the streets Thursday and I've been
asked to start a blog and to write news for Truthout.com, so I'm going to be OK.


Don Wiilams at KnoxViews

Elizabeth Edwards points out that when Ann Coulter made a joke about the exact time of death of Howard Dean's brother, Charlie, attacked 9-11 widows, and used the vile language of hate, she told us all we needed to know about her. All she wants to do is use nasty and derogatory language to cause pain.


"Now," Elizabeth says, "We need to find out about you."


Honda, Wachovia, Bank of America, and Verizon have removed their ads from Ann Coulter's web site.

Ann Coulter's use of an anti-gay slur yesterday was un-American and
indefensible. In America, we strive for equality and embrace diversity. The kind
of hateful language she used has no place in political debate or our society at
large.

I believe it is our moral responsibility to speak out against that kind
of bigotry and prejudice every time we encounter it....John Edwards


We should condemn not only Ann Coulter, but every single one of the conservatives that laughed at her statement...It certainly was no joke.

Peace,
Steve

A new film claims that Jesus and his family have been found:

"James Cameron, film director, claims he has discovered the tomb of Christ. I just hope this doesn't lead to a court battle in Florida. ... Who would have guessed they found Jesus before Osama Bin Laden" --David Letterman

No comments:

Post a Comment