Sunday, October 29, 2006

"One for you nineteen for me"

The IRS is currently acting to take a Liberal Presberterian Church's tax exempt status for issuing a political statement. I think they are after the wrong organization.

Jerry Falwell runs a $200 million a year scam cloaked as a church. He has a message to his underlings...

"Ministers, tell your parishoners to vote republican."

In an email to his flock, Falwell rants about gays and Hillary, and "our values"...In the middle of his message there are embedded advertisements telling people to buy the new DVD on "How I converted from Islam to Christianity" and later on there's one about earning that degree you always wanted form Liberty University. Liberty University is Jerry Falwells own institute of higher indoctrination. You pay Jerry to go there.

Hey, this is America and you got the right to be stupid if you want to, but you don't have the right to ask me to pay your taxes for you. Here's a quote that would normally get an 501 3c headed straight onto the tax rolls.

Daily media stories are full of doom and gloom for Republicans. If we are to believe these election accounts, the GOP is in an out-of-control downward spiral that cannot be fixed before the November 7 elections.

I don’t claim to be an election authority, but I’ve been around a long time and I have learned that the polls and the pundits aren’t always right And I think the pollsters may be off target in terms of this election.

My primary reason for believing this is based in my relationship with the so-called "religious right," or the old Moral Majority.

I don’t believe the polls accurately depict the preparedness of the conservative Christian community to vote.


And then there's this litle jewel that should drive the last nail in the coffin:

Let’s get out and vote. In the seven states where there are marriage protection amendments on the ballots—Arizona, Idaho, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Virginia and Wisconsin—I urge Christians to make their voices heard.

Pastors, this Sunday, encourage all of your parishioners to be at the polls on November 7 to accomplish their Christian responsibility. Let’s prove that the "religious right" continues to be a very significant voting bloc.


I think Falwell has a subtext to his message....

"Even though Bush and Rove think we are crazy nut jobs, we must elect republicans, because if they lose...the IRS will take away our non profit tax status. "

Just another fine reason to vote Democrat!

Peace,

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment