Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Well, Crap!

John Edwards will officially drop out of the race for the Democratic Presidential nomination with a speech from New Orleans at 1:00 today.

I'm bummed but I'll recover. There's no question that Edwards was the best choice to be our President. I also think that his choice to refuse Corporate and Pac money, and money from lobbyists greatly hampered his financial prospects. The big money flowing into the Clinton campaign from corporations and lobbyists and the big money flowing into the Obama campaign from well to do supporters let them ignore spending limits that Edwards had to obey.

I'm thinking that... barring some back story we aren't privy to or a change in Elizabeth's medical condition...Money will have been the determining factor.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:42 PM

    Yeah that totally sucks. I am not sure why he did it only six days before 'super tuesday' though...
    I have already planned a strategic vote in hopes that Edwards endorses Obama and gives him the winning edge over Hillary (I think he accumulated 57 delegates?), which would likely result in Obama choosing Edwards as his vice president.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:53 PM

    Obama did have good things to say about John and his devotion to the afflicted of our nation. I hope that, if elected, Barack Obama will have the kind of heart Edwards has and try and be the kind of man that Edwards is.

    He's not a Clinton, so I will reluctantly support him. My primary vote already went to Edwards, but if Obama is nominated I will vote Democratic in November. If Hillary wins I will not.

    ReplyDelete