Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Review

Hollywood usually takes a lot of liberties with the facts in creating our entertainment. There's one movie out there that bucks that trend. Here are some comments on the movie's scientific accuracy...

"Excellent," said William Schlesinger, dean of the Nicholas School of Environment and Earth Sciences at Duke University. "He got all the important material and got it right."
"I sat there and I'm amazed at how thorough and accurate," Corell said. "After the presentation I said, `Al, I'm absolutely blown away. There's a lot of details you could get wrong.' ... I could find no error."

Robert Corell, chairman of the worldwide Arctic Climate Impact Assessment group of scientists, read the book and saw Gore give the slideshow presentation that is woven throughout the documentary.

What movie are they talking about? Al Gore's Inconvenient Truth!

Review

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment