Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Illustrated Daily Scribble

Opposing the cabal that has seized control of your government is not a very lucrative occupation. It takes a toll in energy not spent on other things, but somehow there is a gratification to the soul that truth is being defended, even if in a small way.

In my mind, the greatest praise that can be bestowed upon someone is that they made the world better than it would have been otherwise. To ease mental suffering with wit, is as much heroic as wielding the righteous sword. Truth is a difficult meal for those who have chosen the drug of ignorance as the haze they live their lives inside. But ignorance is the devil and since truth is the only wooden stake that can pierce its heart, our own labor of Hercules is to bring truth to our compatriots who have succumbed to the siren song. Our greatest failure as humans may be that we have built a civilization, if it can be called that, in which there is money in lying and only satisfaction in honesty.

As I watched President Bush answer Helen Thomas with crap usually reserved for the weaseling of snot faced children caught stealing, I thought of the Truth Tellers that get me by. A great source of artful wit that has given me chuckle in the face of fascism is Charlie Fincher. When I posted his Scribble from the first full day of spring in 2006, I had no way of knowing it was a "Last Of".

All batteries must be recharged, for sure..But I'll miss the Scribble.

Still, we have the archives to replay old outrages and I laugh every single time I notice Charlie's signed drawing of Bill Frist that I have hanging near the mounted deer in my living room, trophies each of a sort. I have eaten of them both for sustenence.

Thanks, Bro!

Enjoy your Spring.

Peace,

Steve


The Scribble


And now, for your daily dose of outrage:

This is not my America. It is an America perverted by Republican stewardship. A nation that under GOP rule has abandoned its founding ideals of freedom, liberty, and justice for all.


Shame

No comments:

Post a Comment