Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Help Identify a Damfino

I came home from a Commission meeting at Montgomery Bell State Park to see a pair of these checking everything out on the deck. The shot was taken through the window and at a distance so sorry, but it's the best I could do, given the short time I had to grab my camera without scaring them off. It was one of those perfect evenings with perfect light, only they wouldn't sit still for me when I went out on the deck for a clearer shot. Ungrateful little beasts, what ever they are...Anybody out there able to identify them? While I was fiddling around trying to get a good shot of this guy, the bald eagles were below the house chirping and flirting with each other somewhere in the trees. I've watched them play and lock feet and twirl in the sky but they've always done the deed where I can't watch. I'll grant them their privacy with no regret.

They've produced twins for each of the last two years, so whatever they're doing seems to get results.

I did get a shot of a bird I had heard but never seen before this evening. I'll save that one for Friday.

Peace,

Steve

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:13 AM

    That bird was eyeballing your Fritos.
    It's good you have a pic in case they turn up missing.

    ReplyDelete